The Day We Fight Back

Sunday, July 13, 2008

I'm Baaaaack...

Heyyy all! Vacation was soooo nice, but I can't even explain how hard it was to log in and not be working. I realised if I'm not making something SL can be kinda boring for me lol. I did a lottt of shopping and built the new furniture store on pulse. Roblem and I will be starting a Prefab and furniture store called METHOD berry berry soon. it's a neat looking spot and we're planning on doing some things that are a little harder to come by in SL. More news on that soon!

What I wanted to talk about today is PRIDE. The SL Second Pride Festival started yesterday morning with a bang...literally almost immediately it was hit by a griefer, but security was on it and the parade went off great! Tons of events all week at the sims and some really amazing exhibits including builds by the Inspire Space Park people on the Osmium sim, tons of shopping on Rhoduim, and Iridium. A huge theme park section with monorail rides and please please dont forget to visit the Aids Quilt exhibit. It'll really blow you away. A very good friend of mine Michael passed away two years ago from complications of HIV and it blows me away that they arent any further along in research to find a cure. With such an emphasis the past few years on cancer, it seems HIV/Aids has been pushed to the side and it's not IN anymore. Please give as much as you can at any of the kiosks around the festival. Every linden helps!

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Platinum/113/254/41


Pride Glittery Star Shirt sets for guys and gurls are available at the Sn@tch main branch and my store on the Iridium Sim at the Festival!

What I'd like to say about pride, the word pride and its meaning to me. There are a few definitions of pride in the dictionary. One being a high or inordinate opinion of one's own dignity, importance, merit, or superiority, whether as cherished in the mind or as displayed in bearing, conduct, etc. and the one that really stands out for me and I think is my definition of the word...pleasure or satisfaction taken in something done by or belonging to oneself or believed to reflect credit upon oneself. I've never understood how people could be take pride in something they had nothing to do with or no effect on...like their race or color or local sports team, whatever. When I think of being proud of something, I think of my accomplishments, the things I've done or built, the kind of person I am and the pride I have in that. I'm proud of what I've made, proud of my home, my business, proud of the friends I've made. I think pride in general to me means whoever you are you should be proud of how far you have come so far as a human being. Just being a part of this world and doing what you can to make it better for the ones that come after.

So saying that...we all have a place in this world no matter your race, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation. There's good and bad in everyone and really thats the only thing we have any control over and can be proud of. As for drama, I don't do it. Life is way to short and ban & mute work really well. So as I've said before...be whatever you want to be, do things you could never do or would never dare to do. Explore, create, dance, play and enjoy every moment being exactly who you are and screw anyone who tells you you should be anything else.

Thats all I gotta say about that!
Til next time Luff & PEACE
Ivey


2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi Ivey

how are you

i hope that u are fine

i am one of the fans in your shops

i like it too much ,, but i have got banned to get in it ,, and it was my mistake cuz i have post an advertisement in the group chat and it was by mistake i was not intended to put it ,, if i know it is not allowed i will not post any advertisement ,, i have never broke any sl rule and this is the first one ,, please accept my apology and i will not do it again ,,, i cannot stay in the sl without seeing ur shop or buying from there :(

Ivey Deschanel said...

Thanks for the apology fibi, it's appreciated. It's something I do when anyone spams my groups and it wasn't anything personal. I've taken you off ban and mute :0 have a good one (And don't spam again dammit, people hate that and you lose more business that you get I promise you)

Ivey